Monday, March 9, 2009

Love - Hate Relationships!

Well, thanks to Renee, i've had a book sitting on my nightstand for about a month, staring at me every night saying, "Read me, read me!" Of course, with the time change, my internal clock is all screwed up and out of wack, so last night was the night - i started a love-hate relationship with a book.
We have a tv in our room and when that all-too-fun insomnia strikes, usually i turn it on (really quiet of course, because apparently Jeff NEVER suffers from insomnia, snore snore!!!!) and i watch something like Chelsea Lately b/c well, it just makes me think of nothing. A few good laughs, a little relaxation, none of my own worries to think about . . . just some junk tv. Off i doze. Well, embarassing enough as it is, the remote in our bedroom is GONE. And really, i'm not too lazy to turn the tv on and change the channel by walking to and fro the tv, but the tv DOESN'T work without the remote. . . . something about dish network, remote, the "box" is in another room. . . . I don't know. . . i'll probably type all this and someone will tell me the way jeff has it "rigged" up means we're stealing cable. Or satellite, or whatever it is. ANYHOW, no remote means no tv. SOOOOO, i picked up the book thinking my eyes would get heavy from reading very quickly.

NOTE-TO-SELF . . . never START a book at midnight again! Especially a book that comes highly recommended by several people. At one o'clock, now wider awake than i ever was at midnight, i decided if i read until about one-thirty, i could still get 5 good hours of sleep. At one thirty, i decided i could sleep until 7 and at 2 'o clock, i finally threw in the towel and turned off the light, although, really, all i wanted to do was READ!!! Have you ever HAD to stop in a part of a book that you really didn't need to stop at??? I have been waaaay too busy today - work, school, more work, kids, kids, kids, dinner. .. . to read this afternoon, but it is ALMOST bedtime for kids in my house and i really can't wait to get back to the book. Dare i even start it?? I'm wondering if i start reading at 9pm if i could read until midnight and maybe finish the book???

I'll let you know tomorrow, how it goes! If you're wondering. . . the book is The Shack.


And i read up to the part where the dad is with the FBI agent identifying something IN the shack - i won't spoil it for those of you that haven't read it. UGHHHH, i've gotta find out what happens. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed THe Shack. Although it was not what I expected. You have to be very careful when you start a book-I have spent many late nights unable to put a book down!

    ReplyDelete